We love efficiency.
From the Industrial Revolution to our modern Age of Technology and Information, we have developed innovations to make our lives more simple and efficient.
Yet somehow efficiency turned into over-booked schedules, fast food, sound bites, and overstimulation.
And then the earth experienced COVID-19.
One could almost hear the world machine screeching and grinding into a lower gear and in some places, a complete stop.
Now, I’m not saying the coronavirus itself is a blessing. But I have noticed some blessings come from staying home and doing less.
More time with our families. More time for healthy meals. More time to read. More time to rest. More time with our Creator and His creation. More time for art and music.
We are rediscovering God, ourselves and those we love again!
God invented the concept of less is more.
Throughout the Bible, we see how God uses the smallest and/or least of people and resources to do amazing things.
- God used David, a teenage boy to kill a giant with a sling and a stone (1 Samuel 17).
- Jesus fed 5,000 men with a little boy’s lunch of 5 loaves and 2 fish (John 6).
- God used Gideon (self-proclaimed weakest in his tribe) to defeat thousands with only 300 (Judges 6-7).
- God used a widow’s single jar of oil to pay off her many debts (2 Kings 4:1-7).
- Jesus’ death on a cross brought life to the entire world (2 Timothy 1:10, John 3:16.)
God is teaching us valuable lessons during this time of social distancing.
Are we listening? Will we be changed for the better?
“Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.” Matthew 13:32
P.S. This post is shorter because less is more! 😊
What is God showing you? Please share your comments and prayer requests below.
NEVER MISS A POST!
RECEIVE MY FREE EBOOK! Here’s how: Click HEREto receive a periodic newsletter with fun tips and news on upcoming books!